This forms under the umbrella of the loose term, property insurance. Fire cover insurance, flood insurance, earthquake insurance, home insurance, inland marine insurance and boiler insurance all fall under Property.

This can be protected against the damage caused by the natural elements of fire, flood, earthquake, storm, lightning, explosion, theft and other specified perils in respect of the building, machinery, stock and other contents. These damages may be irreparable and business revenues will be disrupted because the business cannot be open.